IUPAP WIP Conference Grants
The IUPAP Working Group #5 – Women in Physics is launching a new round of the IUPAP Conference Accessibility Grants Program. This program was created to help fund women from developing and low-income countries, who may not have another opportunity, to attend a conference, workshop, or class, either in-person or virtually. Women may apply for up to $750 to help make attending an event more accessible. Individual needs can be wide and varied. For example, grant funds may be used to cover registration fees, travel, technical equipment, and childcare.
IUPAP expects to be able to fund approximately 20 grants, depending on the amounts awarded, with a maximum of $750.00 or less per grant.
Grant applications should be received no later than April 15, 2022. Recipients will be selected by the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics by the beginning of May, and all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of May 2022.
Only women physicists from middle or low income countries may apply. Due to limited funding, those who have received a grant from Working Group #5 the last two cycles (2019/2021), are not eligible to apply for a grant in 2022.
Those interested in applying should submit accompanying application, which requests the
1. Complete personal information including name, mailing address, e-mail, phone number, and degree details.
2. Brief description of the conference, class, or workshop you wish to attend (including date of conf., place to be held, & website if available) and note whether you will be making a presentation.
3. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.
4. List of any regional or international conferences you may have attended.
5. List your publications from the last 5 years.
6. A breakdown of how the funds will be used.
7. For those requesting funds for items such as childcare and technology, brief description of how the funds will enhance your participation in the conference.
8. One Letter of recommendation.
The application form is available here.
For information and applications please contact Lee Bullis at email@example.com.