Women in Science - Panel discussion on the occasion of International Women’s Day
On the occasion of this year’s International Women’s Day the Women in Science - Panel discussion on the occasion of International Women’s Day will be held online on 8 March 2022 at 5:00pm (CET).
The role of women in science and science institutions will be discussed as well as difficulties of reaching high level positions in a men-dominated environment.
- Dr Beate Heinemann, DESY Director of Particle Physics Division
- Dr Rohini Godbole, Honorary Professor, Indian Institute of Science (Bangalore),Vice president, Indian Academy of Science
- Dr Halina Abramowicz, Professor at the School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel Aviv University
- Dr Ursula Bassler, Scientific Director, IN2P3 – CNRS, Paris
- Dr Miriam Nicado Garcia, Rector, University Havana, Cuba
- Heidrun Tempel, Ambassador of Germany in Cuba, Havana
- Dr Shamila Nair-Bedouelle, Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences UNESCO, Paris
- Dr Eva Gümbel, State Secretary for Science, Research an Equalities, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg