The International Workshop on Multi facets of Eos and Clustering (IWM-EC 2014) will be held in Catania, from 6th to 9th May, at the Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia, Università di Catania and Laboratori Nazionali del Sud (LNF-INFN).
This is a renewed edition of the IWM workshop, organized by the CHIMERA and INDRA Collaborations over the last ten years.
Following the IWM tradition, the IWM-EC 2014 will address open questions in the domain of nuclear dynamics and thermodynamics with a renewed special emphasis of clustering phenomena and their implications on dynamics and spectroscopy. The scientific program will thus have dedicated sessions to outline recent progress on both experimental and theoretical aspects of the following topics:
• Dynamics and structure in heavy-ion collisions with stable and radioactive beams
• Correlations and clustering phenomena
• Isospin effects in nuclear reactions
• Exploring nuclear symmetry energy
• Nuclear thermodynamics with isospin degrees of freedom
• New experimental tools and detection techniques
The format of the workshop includes overview invited review talks, oral contributed presentation and posters. PhD students and postdocs are strongly encouraged to participate.
The IWM-EC2014 Proceedings will be published by the Italian Physical Society in the “Conference Proceedings” Series. All contributions, oral presentations and posters, will be present in the workshop proceedings.
More information: here